1. Your Rights
Mercator Pty Ltd complies with the provisions of the Privacy Amendment, (Private Sector) Act 2001 (The Act) that regulates collection, storage, quality, use and disclosure of personal information and sensitive information, and ensures that you are given certain rights in respect of the information.
Mercator Pty Ltd has adopted the National Privacy Principles set out in Schedule 3 of The Act – a copy of which is available on request – and operate in accordance with those principles.
2. Collection of personal information
Mercator Pty Ltd chiefly obtains personal information from you as a subscriber or registered user through our website, applicant for trading account and/or an employee for payroll, superannuation and medical information, contractors and/or as an applicant for employment with Mercator.
All such information will, or may be used for any or all of the following purposes:
• Provision of newsletters and other marketing information
• Support towards a trading account approval
• Record of customers for service and benefits maintenance.
• Training records
• Payroll and superannuation administration
• Accounts receivable and payable data
• Workers compensation claim and payment administration
• Contractors and suppliers records
• Administration records for other state branches and agent distributors
• Employee records and applicant for employment records.
4. Your Consent
Unless you advise otherwise, in supplying personal information, you hereby agree to any or all of the above uses of your personal information that you supply to Mercator Pty Ltd. You also hereby agree to similar use of other personal information that we may obtain about you from other sources mentioned above.
Subject to the Privacy Act, if we acquire any of your personal information in other ways, or if we use personal information for purposes other than those listed above (or other than purposes reasonably related to, or reasonably implied from those) we will notify you and seek your consent. Whenever reasonably practical we will seek such consent in advance of, but in any case as soon as practical after such an event.
When Mercator Pty Ltd collects personal information from you, we will take reasonable steps to inform you of:
• The purpose for which the information is collected
• Your right to access any information collected.
• Any law – where applicable – that requires us to collect that information and
• The main consequences if you refuse or fail to supply any item or items of information, or to authorize its collection or its use.
5. Records containing personal information
The Privacy Act allows you to access and – if appropriate – to correct or to update our records containing personal information relating to you.
Subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act, on request we will arrange access for you to inspect your personal information held by Mercator Pty Ltd if following such inspection you wish to update or correct any item or items of your personal information arrangements will be made for you to apply for such an update or correction.
The information will be updated or corrected – as the case may be – if we are satisfied, on reasonable grounds that this is correct and justified.
In circumstances where Mercator Pty Ltd do not provide you with access or an ability to correct or update your records, reasons for this decision will be given to you in writing.
Mercator Pty Ltd will not disclose your personal information to third parties except with your consent or in other circumstances where such disclosure is permitted, under the Privacy Act or required by law.
7. Information storage and security
Mercator Pty Ltd will take reasonable safegaurds to ensure that records held by us, which contain your personal information, are protected against loss, against unauthorized access disclosure use or modification, and against other misuse. We will also do everything reasonably within our power to prevent unauthorized use or disclosure of any personal information contained in any record that we may need to give to any third party.
8. Accountability and feedback
You can obtain more information about your rights and about remedies of any breaches from the Privacy Commissioner on Hotline 1800 023 985.
We welcome any feedback you may care to provide concerning our privacy policies or practices.
Our address is 88 – 100 Kyabram Street, Coolaroo, VIC, 3048, Australia
You can also contact us by telephone : PH: 1300552255 FAX: 1300552256