Lighting Council Australia was formed to represent Australia's strong, united and ethical lighting industry. As a powerful advocate for the industry, its key goal is to encourage the use of appropriately designed and manufactured high-quality lighting systems and components in the commercial, outdoor, industrial and residential sectors.
Lighting Council Australia:
- Fosters and promotes an environment in which the importance of high-quality, low-environmental impact lighting is understood and appreciated;
- Represents the Australian lighting industry to policymakers and other key stakeholders;
- Influences international and Australian performance, safety and environmental standards relating to the lighting industry;
- Promotes the use of electrically safe lighting that complies with the relevant Australian and international standards.
- Mercator are a signatory to the FluoroCycle scheme
FluoroCycle is a voluntary product stewardship scheme that seeks to increase the national recycling rate of waste mercury-containing lamps. Lamp recycling can help reduce the amount of mercury sent to landfill. The scheme targets the commercial and industrial sectors where the bulk of waste lamps are generated